Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What I learned in Children's Church . . .

In Children’s I learned Jesus loves me.
In Children’s Church I learned God will never leave me.
I learned to bow my head, fold my hands and say ‘Amen’.
In Children’s Church I learned what it means to follow Jesus,
To give up everything else just for Him.
I learned Jesus died and rose again, all just for me.

In Children’s Church I learned what it was like to be the stranger in the room,
But I learned how to make new friends.
I also learned how to be the friend of a new kid.

In Children’s Church I learned how to be a leader.
I learned to take care of others, put others first and listen to others.
In Children’s Church I heard a whole bunch of stories from the Old Testament,
And I heard all about the miracles Jesus did in the New Testament.
And I learned Jesus could do miracles in my life too.
They told me that even all the stories even had Jesus in them too,
But he was in the background waiting to come for us.

In Children’s church I learned to play.
I learned to include others.
In Children’s Church I learned to be competitive.
In Children’s Church I learned how to work as a team and play as a team.
I learned how to have team spirit.
But I also learned to play fairly and to not be a sore loser.

In Children’s Church I learned how to tease my friends and even the leaders
And in return I also learned how to take a joke.
I learned how and when to say I’m sorry.
I learned to forgive those who hurt me.

 In Children’s Church I learned to worship,
To raise my hands in surrender and to open my palms to receive blessings.
In Children’s Church I learned to ask for prayer.
I learned it’s ok to need help and it’s good to pray with others.

In Children’s Church I learned how to answer all the hard questions
Because after a story it’s not just about what someone’s name was or what they said,
It’s about why and how it relates to my life now.
In Children’s Church I learned to accept Jesus into my heart,
And I learned what that means.
It means Jesus is alive inside of me.
I learned that means I’m living by His spirit and not by sin.
And yes, I learned what sin is and learned what it means to live by God’s spirit.

I learned to have fun,
Because even on the days I didn’t want to be there I found something I really enjoyed
And I knew Jesus was there with me.

In Children’s Church I learned I’m not the only one with an older brother who picks on me.
In Children’s Church I learned we all problems at school and we all have problems in our family,
But God is there for us all working in all the situations.


Children’s Church has made us all who we are today
I’ve grown so much,
I wouldn’t be the same without it.


No comments:

Post a Comment